“I have not changed. There came a time in my life where I had to let people know what they deserved to hear. ” If you ever feel the same need during your life, you should not feel guilty: Prioritization is fundamental for you to find the balance to be yourself, and be happy!
To be happy
In our desire to please everyone around us and be happy, we often do not have the capacity or courage to stop certain ties. Which instead of making us happy, actually hurts us. According to a study conducted at the University of Claremont, acting in accordance with our values and being able to trust those we surround ourselves with is a way to increase the levels of oxytocin in our brain. Being yourself actually means that you become happier.
Finally, it is about acting on our emotions and being true to our own values. “I have not changed. If I tell you I do not want to do this for you, it’s because it’s against my principles. ”
We would like to invite you to reflect on these issues today.
I have not changed, I am true to my values
The key to happiness is not to accumulate wealth or to have many friends. It does not mean “people who collect”, as someone who tries to get thousands of people to like their photos and posts on social media.
It’s about maintaining relationships with people who are worth having in your life. People who always allow you to be yourself without having to do or say things that you do not really feel for. In fact, we know that this is not something that is always easy to achieve.
We live in a society governed by appearance and the need to “satisfy everyone”
Never forget: those who are obsessed with being equal and making everyone happy will only end up being unhappy.
- We all go through times our lives where we feel the need to be recognized. As young people, we seek acceptance among our peers, so that we can feel part of the group. Later, as adults, many of us still seek acceptance in the form of being loved by a romantic partner.
- Those who want to be loved by others forget to love themselves first.
- Keeping your balance from day to day is enough: you do not have to set boundaries all the time. It is about knowing how to live with respect, both for yourself and others.
- If you always feel the need to pretend to be or feel things you do not really feel, it may be time to change the environment. If this type of situation is maintained over time, it can lead to an identity crisis and loss of self-esteem.
I do not want anyone to change me, I like myself just the way I am
For having arrived where you are now, has meant hard work, resignation and pleasant experiences. Our personalities have a small genetic component , but who we are is largely shaped by our experiences and our attitudes toward them.
- Maybe you started a relationship that you later realize does not work for you and that you are not happy. Chances are that the other person is saying that “you have changed” and that you are not who you used to be.
- Do not be influenced by these types of comments. No one can change completely overnight. What happens is that the other never took enough time to really get to know you.
The most important thing is to be yourself and maintain your self-confidence
Being in a relationship, as well as living with others. Often forces us to compromise on certain things. However, these “compromises” should be an exchange where everyone wins and no one loses.
- To be a boyfriend, mother, son, brother or friend, you need to know how to listen and establish reciprocity.
- You do not have to agree on everything. You do not have to have the same hobbies, like to do the same and have the same desires. What is important is that you share the same values.
- Never change aspects of your personality or interests to please others, or to keep them from being disappointed. Living up to the expectations of others is a personal dissonance that only brings misfortune.
Remember that in order not to give in or let yourself be controlled by others, you must know yourself. Always remember your limits and how far you can go without compromising your self-esteem. It is worth keeping this in mind in order to be happy.