If your hair is dry, then it’s time to improve your diet and get more fluids. You can also use hair masks and essential oils once a week for extra nourishment. Continue reading about some treatments for dry hair!
Hair is created in the hair follicle, which gets its nutrients from the blood. The hair receives a balance of nourishment from both places, and oil from the sebaceous glands. The problem is that all too often we destroy the balance.
The outer layer of hair is often damaged by the chemical treatments we use: straightening, permanent, coloring, etc. Then the hair becomes dry and loses its natural shine. This is because the healthy capillary fat that covers it is destroyed by the external wearers and toxins.
However, it can be restored with any of the following treatments for dry hair.
Treatments that dry hair will appreciate
This oil is extracted from the nuts of the Argan tree. The fruit of this tree is dried in the sun, the seeds are picked out manually and then cold pressed. The result is a light, golden oil, with a mild odor, and therefore it has been nicknamed “the gold of the desert”.
Argan oil has many uses, both edible and cosmetic. It is one of the best when it comes to treatments for dry hair because it helps to restore shine and moisture. The oil can be applied directly to hair and skin, and does not leave a greasy feeling.
Look for one that says 100% pure argan oil on the ingredient list.
2. Coconut oil
Coconut oil is another good treatment for dry hair. The saturated fatty acids are ideal for restoring shine and moisture that is lost due to chemicals and extreme temperatures. In addition, it promotes hair growth.
This oil can be used with conditioner after washing the hair. It can also be applied directly to a dry scalp.
- Apply a small amount of coconut oil on your fingertips and massage the entire scalp gently.
3. Sesame oil
Squeezed and crushed sesame seeds release an oil that is highly valued in Asian cuisine. It also has medicinal properties. As if that were not enough, it is quite beneficial for both skin and hair.
- Massage your hair and scalp with sesame oil.
4. Peanut oil for dry hair
Peanut oil is similar to olive oil and provides the same type of moisture and restructuring to damaged hair. In addition, it reduces the loss of hair proteins, gives thicker strands of hair, and provides moisture to split ends.
- 3 cups peanuts
- 3 cups hot water
- Remove the peel from the peanuts.
- Then mix the peanuts with the water in a blender until you get a creamy consistency.
- Let it cool for a day. (The oil will differ from the peanut mixture.)
Lubricate the ends of the hair with the oil.
5. Avocado and wheat germ oil for dry hair
This combination of avocado and wheat germ oil is very effective. It will hydrate your hair and stimulate growth as well.
Avocados have essential oils and essential nutrients. Wheat germ oil is rich in zinc and vitamin B, making it so good for the health and beauty of hair, skin and nails.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ oil
- First mix the avocado and the wheat germ oil.
- Then apply the cream on the hair and let it work for 15 minutes.
- Rinse well.
Ideally, you should use this mask once a week.
6. Eggs, milk and rose water
Eggs are quite common in hair treatments. You can find them in many hair masks because they are rich in proteins and minerals, which revitalize damaged hair.
Here the properties of the egg are mixed with proteins and calcium in milk, and the benefits of rose water.
- 1 egg
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon rose water
- Milk powder (if necessary)
- First, beat the egg and add the milk and rose water.
- If the mixture is too liquid, you can add two tablespoons of milk powder.
- Then mix the ingredients.
- Spread the mixture over your hair and let the mask work for 20 minutes.
7. Bananas and almond oil for dry hair
Bananas are very healthy, whether we eat them or use them as hair or face masks. Almond oil is widely used and recognized for its ability to restore shine and strength to skin and hair.
Together, this power duo provides a mask that restores dry hair and skin.
- 1 banana
- ½ cup almond oil
- Mash the banana and mix it with the almond oil until you get a creamy mixture.
- Apply this mask on the scalp and let it work for 20 minutes.
- Wash and rinse.
More tips for dry hair
Using these treatments or masks will not be enough if you do not stop doing other things that damage your hair. Remember the following:
- Do not wash your hair every day.
- In addition, you should use suitable products for your hair type.
- Avoid excessive use of hair dryer, straighteners and harsh chemicals.
- Avoid using products that contain alcohol or artificial fragrances.
- Take care of your diet. Your hair improves when you eat protein and vitamin E.
- Finally, drink plenty of water.