Detoxifying the lungs is critical. This is because there are many factors that can be a threat to their normal functioning. Among them are lack of exercise, polluted surroundings, and tobacco smoke.
Often there is nothing you can do about these factors, because they are already part of your environment. Still, you can protect yourself at home with natural treatments and preparations that can improve lung health.
Tips for detoxifying the lungs daily
Stay away from toxic gases
It is virtually impossible to avoid the city’s pollution and toxic gases. Therefore, it is recommended to visit natural places, which allow you to breathe fresh air, the days you have free.
Stay away from the big cities as much as possible, take advantage of country excursions, visit a campsite, rent a cabin and try to keep in touch with nature. That way, you can try to detoxify your lungs, because fresh air is best for them.
Avoid smoke to protect and detoxify the lungs
Remember that tobacco not only affects you, but also those who inhale the smoke. If you smoke, you should quit. If not, you should stay away from smokers. You should also avoid public smoking areas.
It is a good habit to escape from the smoke, something your lungs will appreciate.
Clean the air in your home
Your house also contains harmful particles. Avoid them by using filters and ventilating every area of the house. In this way, the impurities will not build up.
You should also clean carpets regularly, because they store a lot of dust.
Make sure you maintain a good diet
Make sure your diet includes fruits and vegetables, because they are important sources of nutrients and they act as antioxidants.
You should also include ingredients that are rich in vitamin C. A glass of natural juice from citrus fruits will help you cleanse your lungs and strengthen your immune system. Be sure to include potassium, which comes from dates, bananas, prunes and strawberries, among other things.
Drink plenty of water to detoxify the lungs
Two liters of water is ideal, and you can even drink it from a decoction. Water is a natural cleanser and the aromatic herbs in decoctions and teas, help eliminate toxins.
Take a steam bath
These baths will help you cough up and eliminate toxins you have in your lungs.
- Boil water for 20 minutes and inhale the steam, but be careful not to burn yourself.
- To improve the effect, place a towel over your head so that the steam becomes more concentrated. You can also add essential oils.
Three natural remedies to detoxify the lungs
For best results, follow the habits mentioned above and create the following natural remedies. All are good at preventing any kind of problems with the lungs or respiratory tract. Of course, do not forget to go to the doctor if you think your lungs are not in good shape.
1. Horse Chestnut Tea
This tea is perfect for fighting asthma, coughs and bronchitis. It is prepared in the same way as other forms of decoction:
- Put water in a saucepan, add a tablespoon of horse chestnut (15 g) and cook for 5 minutes.
- Strain and drink once a day.
2 Licorice tea to detoxify the lungs
Licorice root is another ally. It has properties that can protect the airways. However, you need to be careful if you suffer from high blood pressure.
- Put licorice root in a saucepan of water.
- Let it cook for 5 minutes. Strain the tea and drink a glass daily.
3. Eucalyptus steam
Eucalyptus is a plant that is well known for its properties that fight diseases of the respiratory tract and cleanse the lungs. One way to use it is by inhaling the steam.
- Add a handful of eucalyptus in boiling water and inhale the steam.
- Take a quiet, deep breath.
This will help you fight obstacles in the air passages. It will also help you treat cough and fight a stuffy nose.
4. Turmeric, onion and ginger preparations
- 2 cups water (500 ml)
- 1 tablespoon turmeric (15 g)
- 1 large onion
- 2 tablespoons honey (50 g)
- 3 tablespoons grated ginger (45 g)
- Boil the water.
- When it reaches the boiling point, add the onion divided into medium pieces.
- Let it cook for 5 minutes, and add the other ingredients.
- Leave it on medium heat for approx. 40 minutes.
- When the time is right, take the pan off the heat and let it all cool down. When it is cold, strain the liquid and store it in a glass in the refrigerator.
- Take two tablespoons before breakfast and dinner. This remedy will help detoxify your lungs.
- Repeat for 9 days, until you feel the difference when you breathe.
- If you feel any worsening, consult a doctor.