Every single day, the use of kitchen utensils will make us have to clean it. There are many cleaning products on the market today that make it easier to remove grease, food and all kinds of bacteria that can end up on our kitchen equipment. But the problem is that many of these cleansers contain chemical substances that can be harsh on the skin, as well as lead to allergic reactions and other health problems.
The good news is that it is not always necessary to spend a lot of money on chemical products for cleaning kitchen utensils. Here we will share some homemade remedies that remove dirt and grease. These will clean the utensils you use in the kitchen in a healthy and environmentally friendly way.
Natural cleaning of kitchen utensils
Remove fat from frying pans
To remove grease that has accumulated on the frying pans, cut a medium-sized potato in half and peel it. Cover one side of the potato with baking soda and use this as a sponge, with which you scrub the frying pan. The result will not be long in coming.
As you scrub, cut off the part of the potato that becomes dirty and has more baking soda. You will not be dissatisfied with the result.
Clean the inside of the pots
To remove residue and grease from the inside of the pots, simply rub the pot with a dry tea bag. You will find that the fat dissolves in seconds. You probably need two or three bags, so buy a cheap brand.
Remove grease from outside of pots and pans
To remove the grease from the outside of the pots and pans, choose a pan that is larger than the one you are going to clean. Add four to five tablespoons of baking soda and a little water. Put the small one on top of the large one and simmer for 30 minutes. Afterwards, it will be easy to remove the dirt. This method takes a little longer, but it is incredibly effective.
DIY environmentally friendly dishwashing detergent
This organic dish soap makes cups and vessels shine like new. This product combines the properties of salt with the disinfectant properties of apple cider vinegar and lemon. It kills bacteria, removes fat and eliminates odors. The kitchen equipment will be ready for use again.
- 3 lemons
- 250 ml with salt
- 125 ml with white vinegar
- 250 ml with water
- 2 tablespoons dishwasher detergent (optional)
How do I make it?
- Wash and cut the lemons into small pieces (do not peel).
- Put the lemon pieces and salt in a blender and run until everything is well mixed. Add vinegar, water and detergent. Let the blender run until everything is well mixed.
- Put the mixture in a saucepan and leave on medium heat for 15 minutes. Stir constantly with a ladle so that it does not get stuck.
- Put everything in a bowl and let it cool. As it cools, a proper layer can form.
- Once it has cooled down, you have it in a container with a lid. To be stored in the refrigerator.
- Use it in the same way as regular dishwashing detergent.
As you can see, it is super easy to wash with natural products. In addition, it is very economical. You want to avoid the health problems that the chemical products can cause. And you are doing something positive for the environment. Try these options for cleaning kitchen utensils and share the experience.