Dropping dinner will not help you lose weight, despite what you have heard. Dropping dinner actually makes you more unhealthy. So, what do you say to some tips for simple dinner changes?
Eating well means living well, and nothing will help you feel as good both inside and out as making an effort to not only take a look at what you eat, but also how you eat. An example is the timing: The timing of when you eat dinner is certainly a decisive factor in how much weight you lose.
A heavy dinner late at night will give your body greater difficulty digesting food. As a result, you will have trouble sleeping, and along with insomnia there will be weight gain.
If you remember that small things can do a lot, you will understand how, even without realizing it, the extra pounds, the inertia in the morning, the heartburn and even diabetes occur. You need to take care of yourself, listen to your body and improve the quality of your dinners.
Here we tell you about 5 simple dinner changes you can make: they cost nothing, and they are simple!
1. Simple dinner changes: Start with soup
Carrot soup, celery soup, squash soup… It is always a good idea to find a tasty recipe for a seasonal vegetable soup you can make at home. It is both healthy and delicious. The reason why it is advisable to make soup part of the dinner, and preferably the first part of it, is simple: it will help you feel satisfied and full.
It will also help you sleep better by aiding your digestion while providing quality nutrition. A hot bowl of soup is also good for anyone who comes home stressed from work. It forces you to eat slowly and is soothing to your stomach.
2. Why should I have dinner early?
We know that it is not always possible to have dinner whenever you want. It all depends on your schedule and your commitments. But as often as possible, it is important to follow this principle: d u should eat at least 2 hours before going to bed . That way, you will be able to get 7-8 hours of deep, restorative sleep. You want to give your digestive system the chance to absorb nutrients, the chance to rest, and the chance to lose weight and stay healthy.
3. It’s not about having a small dinner, it’s about eating the right dinner
If the choice is between not eating dinner or having a bag of potato chips for dinner, it is better not to have anything. If it comes down to baked potatoes and salmon with spinach, the latter will always be better. It’s about eating well, and choosing the food you eat for dinner carefully.
Here are some small guidelines:
- Cooked vegetables are better than raw, as they are easier to digest.
- Fish is better than red meat, since your body likes fish proteins better at this time of day, and the healthy fatty acids are wonderful for the heart and for weight loss.
- Add whole grains or seeds to dinner two or three times a week: They will help repair your tissue through the night. (Be careful not to overdo it.)
4. Say no to sauces, deep-fried and fried foods
We know that when it comes to making dinner, you probably do not have much time or energy ; that’s why you turn to the classic fried foods, frozen pizzas, deep fried fish or chicken…
This is not good for three basic reasons: they will make you gain weight, they will not make you full, and they take much longer to digest. This food is also not particularly nutritious.
Here are examples of dinners that will help you lose weight and be healthier:
- Fish with a high content of omega-3
- A piece of easily-digested fruit
- A cup of oat milk with honey
- Soothing tea like sage or linden
5. Fruit for dinner: yes or no?
Fruit at dinner can be bad for you if you choose heavy, sugary or processed fruit. The latter means that all its nutrients are gone.
- One recommendation: baked apples are a good choice for dinner.
- Papaya and pears are also good.
- Bananas, though not too ripe, are wonderful for a specific reason: they contain tryptophan, an amino acid that will help you get a good night’s sleep.
- A good alternative is gelatin, which is a good idea to have two or three times a week for dinner.
Ultimately, these 5 ideas for simple dinner changes are easy to use and will help you, not only in looking at your weight, but also in taking care of yourself by creating good habits.
Are you ready to put simple dinner changes like these into use today?