In recent years, interest in natural plants has grown, especially for readily available and beneficial foods such as lemons, which can help improve your health just like vitamins you buy at the pharmacy. But lemon water is actually beneficial for both your heart and liver!
As you may already know, there are many products on the market that are for detoxifying and strengthening the liver. However, most of these medications often come with side effects when taken regularly. Therefore, it is important to know how to help your body with natural remedies, such as a glass of lemon water in the morning.
People value this drink as a great way to effectively cleanse the body. In today’s article, we want to dive a little deeper and talk to you about “organic chemistry”, and how lemons can be beneficial for both your heart and liver.
Do you want to join us?
Benefits of lemon water for the heart and liver
Lemon is one of the fruits that is richest in vitamins and minerals, and above all, in powerful antioxidants that not only stimulate detoxification of the liver, but also help to regenerate it.
We must not forget that this vital organ in our body has an incredible ability to create new and healthy cells. With the right treatment and the right nutrition, we can cure fatty liver disease, for example.
Take a look at the high levels of vitamins and minerals in one serving of lemon juice:
- Vitamin C 53 mg
- Vitamin B1 0.04 mg
- Vitamin B2 0.02 mg
- Vitamin B3 0.1 mg
- Vitamin B5 0.19 mg
- Vitamin B6 0.08 mg
- Vitamin B9 0.011 mg
- Vitamin B7 5.1 mg
- Vitamin E 0.15 mg
- Alpha carotene 1 microgram
- Beta-carotene 3 micrograms
- Lutein and zeaxanthin 11 micrograms
- Calcium 26 mg
- Iron 0.6 mg
- Magnesium 8 mg
- Phosphorus 16 mg
- Potassium 138 mg
- Sodium 2 mg
- Zinc 0.06 mg
- Copper 0.037 mg
- Manganese 0.03 mg
- Selenium 0.0004 mg
That’s a lot, right? And all these compounds, mixed with hot distilled water without sugar, provide enzymatic benefits and acidic properties that help an empty stomach to alkalinize the body and carry these benefits to the liver. It is fantastic.
Check how lemon water can help your liver.
Treats fatty liver disease
- Hot water with lemon helps prevent cellular oxidation in the liver
- Avoid degeneration of this important organ which is caused by high levels of toxins and fat cells
- It will regulate the absorption of sugar and fat, which keeps your liver from being overworked
- Thanks to their high content of antioxidants and the alkalizing power of lemons, they will cleanse the liver so that it can produce new, completely healthy cells.
- Also remember that lemon juice is a natural antiseptic, which means it can help you control harmful bacteria that enter your body with food.
Protects against liver cirrhosis
Remember that lemons are one of the fruits that are richest in vitamins and minerals. This makes them excellent against this type of liver disease and the acute vitamin deficiency associated with it. If you drink a cup every morning, it will be enough to start strengthening your liver.
This treatment works best when taken for 5 consecutive days, followed by 5 days without.
Cleanses and prevents gallstones
Surprised? It is true. Lemon juice is excellent for improving health and treating any problems related to the gallbladder. It works by facilitating the drainage of stony bile fluid into the duodenum to keep them from accumulating in this organ.
Benefits of lemon water for your heart and liver
Drinking a hot glass of water with lemon on an empty stomach is a simple solution that costs almost nothing to do, and it offers many benefits. You may not notice it at first, but you will have better digestion, avoid colds and infections, and most importantly: heart health will improve.
Want to know how lemon water can help you?
- It helps keep your veins and arteries elastic so you can avoid atherosclerosis
- Prevents fatty plaque from attaching to blood vessels and lowers bad cholesterol or LDL
- Regulates blood pressure
- Improves blood circulation, which prevents blood clots
- Inhibits the growth of harmful bacteria in the blood
How do I take a glass of warm water with lemon?
The best way to promote your overall health is by taking a warm glass of lemon water on an empty stomach. The reason you should take it on an empty stomach is because citric acid is more easily converted to an alkalizing agent in an empty stomach. It is better absorbed and the good properties will be improved.
Nutrition experts highlight these important points:
- Not all lemons are the same. Avoid lemons that are too ripe, because they contain too much sugar. Choose organic whenever possible, and make sure the lemon is firm when you squeeze it a little.
- Mix the juice of half a lemon with a glass of warm water. Make sure that the water has a low content of minerals.
- Drink this for 5 consecutive days, and then take a break from 2 to 5 days before starting again. See how you feel and how your body reacts, but overall, this simple drink is very healthy.
So now that you know how healthy lemon water is for your heart and liver, just get started and drink this every morning!