Shirts are a great piece of clothing that is suitable for a variety of occasions, which is why we often like to have a wide selection of them. But, like everything in life, they have a bad side: it is difficult to fold shirts. To help you deal with this, today we will teach you how to fold your shirts at record speed.
The only negative part of having many shirts is that folding them can take up a lot of time. There are some people who were born with a “gift” and learned to fold in seconds and put them in the closet ready for use. If you are not one of them, we recommend that you continue reading.
Today we give you three simple but effective techniques for folding your shirts at record speed without working you out.
Learn to fold your shirts at record speed
With these simple tricks and procedures, you do not have to be a prodigy to keep your shirts neatly folded. You will see that when you take them out of the closet, they will be ready to use just like when you left them.
The first technique is especially useful for short-sleeved shirts.
- Grasp the shirt in the middle, between the shoulder and the neck with one hand. Use your other hand to make a straight line toward the center of the shirt and hold it there.
- Then take the hand that holds the top of the shirt – without letting go of any of the hands – and guide it towards the bottom of the shirt. Again, the movement should be in a straight line.
- Then comes the most difficult step: Cross your hands. First, with the hand you just moved, hold both the top edge that you grabbed first and the bottom edge that you grabbed last.
- Once you have them, cross again on the other side and smooth out. While making the last movement, stretch the hand that was in the middle of the shirt all the time.
- Then you have an extra fold and there you have it, a folded shirt!
- Start by laying the shirt face down on a flat surface.
- Then fold one of the sleeves near the neck and fold it over to the point that it almost covers the other sleeve. One third of the shirt should be folded in a straight line.
- Then draw a straight line between the point on the shoulder, where the fold begins, and the armpit on the folded sleeve.
- From this position, take the cuff on the sleeve towards the lower edge of the shirt. Then repeat this step with the other sleeve.
- The last two steps consist of making a small board on the underside of the shirt.
- Finish by folding it in half again.
When you go on holiday, it can be a struggle to pack the shirts in the suitcase. Relax, not only do we give you ideas for folding your shirts at record speed, we’ll also show you how to get them ready for packing.
The third method that we will describe is very similar to the previous one.
- The first step is to fold the shirt in half. To do this , grab the bottom and cross the sleeve to the other side.
- Then bring the sleeve down to the bottom, as mentioned in method 2.
- Repeat the previous step with the other sleeve as well. After the two previous steps are completed, the shirt should look like a long narrow rectangle.
- From this point, using the width of the sleeve as a measure of each fold, fold it from the bottom.
- When you are done, the shirt should be half-rolled. Without a doubt, this is a method that allows you to save a lot of space!
Finally, it is worth clarifying that all these tips for folding your shirts at record speed mean that you start with the t-shirt. In addition, you need to make sure that the shirts are well ironed before you start. Otherwise, the tips may not work.