If you are one of those people who likes snacks, but wants to “snack” on something that is healthy, you can try making eggplant chips. You can serve them with dip, or a homemade sauce to make them even more delicious!
“Chips” is an American term that refers to very thin potato slices that are fried at high temperatures. In general, they have a round or circular shape due to how the potato is cut, and in Norway most people may know them as “potato chips” or “potato chips”.
Chips are a very popular snack all over the world, and in many countries you can find them in every grocery store and every supermarket. However, if you are looking for something healthier, chips bought at the store may not be the best option for you. That’s why we’ve put together some recipes for vegetable chips, so you can make a healthier alternative that still tastes heavenly.
First, why eggplant chips?
Eggplant is a widely used vegetable in cooking, and it contains many nutrients and properties that are very beneficial to our bodies. Some of these nutrients and properties include that:
- Eggplant is antibacterial and antiviral due to the flavonoids it contains.
- This vegetable contains vitamin E, folic acid and dietary fiber. For this reason, it is recommended for skin care, during pregnancy and to lose weight.
- Eggplant helps fight liver problems because it stimulates bile production.
- Due to its high water content, it is also considered a diuretic vegetable. It is perfect for helping to eliminate toxins from the body.
In addition, you can also add other vegetables to make chips from. Some examples of different vegetables you can use are cucumber, beetroot, carrots or pumpkin. This will vary the taste of your chips and be a very healthy snack you are guaranteed to love.
How to make chips from vegetables
1. Chips of eggplant
You can combine these with a dressing, garlic sauce, tartar sauce or even tomato sauce. You can also prepare these sauces yourself to enhance the taste and to create a healthier version.
- 2 medium-sized aubergines (500 g)
- 1 cup wheat flour (120 g)
- 2 tablespoons salt (30 g)
- 1 tablespoon malt rosemary (15 g)
- 1/2 cup olive oil (125 ml)
- 1 cup sparkling water (250 ml)
- Tissue paper
- First, you should wash the aubergines well. Then you have to cut them into very thin slices.
- Mix the salt with ground rosemary in a small bowl.
- Put the slices of eggplant in a bowl with the sparkling water. Let them lie there for approx. 20 minutes. Empty the bowl and place the slices on a plate.
- Put olive oil in a frying pan and set it on medium heat.
- Then soak all the eggplant slices in the flour, and fry them until golden brown.
- When you have finished frying all the slices, you can place them on, or gently “pat” them with the paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Finally, serve them on a plate and sprinkle the mixture of salt and rosemary powder on top.
2. Oven-baked cucumber chips
Cucumber is rich in antioxidants, vitamins A, B, C and E, dietary fiber and essential minerals such as potassium, magnesium and iron.
This vegetable is also ideal for skin care, to strengthen the connective tissue in the body and to improve the cardiovascular system.
- 2 cucumbers (400 g)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (30 ml)
- 1 tbsp salt (15 g)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley (15 g)
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (45 ml)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (15 ml)
- Aluminum foil
- First you need to rinse and cut the cucumbers. Cut them into thin slices and place them on a plate.
- Then place them in a medium bowl or bowl with apple cider vinegar, olive oil, soy sauce, salt and chopped parsley.
- Then let the cucumber slices absorb the mixture before placing them on a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ºC. Fry the cucumbers for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden.
- Finally, eat and enjoy!
3. Pumpkin chips
Pumpkin contains vitamins A and C in addition to essential minerals such as potassium, calcium, magnesium and folic acid, as well as amino acids. In addition , pumpkin is recommended for weight loss, relief of constipation, to keep the skin healthy, and to eat during pregnancy.
- 2 cups pumpkin (240 g)
- 1 pinch of pepper (5 g)
- 1 pinch of pepper (5 g)
- 1/2 cup wheat flour (60 g)
- 1 pinch of salt (5 g)
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil (125 ml)
- A spiralizer
- First, use the spiralizer on the pieces of pumpkin to give them a shape similar to the shape of chips.
- Then mix peppers, pepper and salt in a medium bowl. Cover the pumpkin chips in this mixture.
- Then sprinkle wheat flour on a plate and cover the chips in the flour.
- Put the sunflower oil in a frying pan and heat the oil on medium heat. Bake the chips until golden brown.
- Allow the chips to cool while allowing some of the oil to drain.
- Finally you can enjoy delicious pumpkin chips!
So what are you waiting for? Go make some tasty chips from vegetables! We promise you will not be disappointed. We dare to bet that they will quickly become one of your favorite snacks !