Infections from fungi in the skin are caused by an overgrowth of dermatophytes, yeast, and other types of microorganisms that attack when the immune system is weakened. It is a common problem that manifests itself with white and red spots. These may be accompanied by a rough structure, itching and redness.
This is mostly seen as an aesthetic problem due to how it degenerates. Nevertheless, apart from this, there may be a warning about sensitive skin and skin infections, which need surgery.
The good news is that there are several solutions with natural ingredients. Due to their properties, they maintain the growth of fungi in the skin while controlling the symptoms caused by the spread.
In this article we would like to share, in detail, the 5 best treatments when you notice signs of infection.
So take note of these!
1. Natural yoghurt and honey against fungus in the skin
A blend of natural yogurt and honey, offers a treatment rich in probiotics, enzymes, and natural acids that help regulate the skin’s pH value. Its content maintains the growth of fungi in the skin and promotes the balance of healthy bacteria to increase defense.
- 3 tablespoons of natural yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Mix together the honey and yogurt in a bowl
- Rub the mixture on the affected area and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water and repeat twice a day.
2. Sea salt and rose water
A natural exfoliating mixture of sea salt and rose water, can help eliminate dead cells that remain on the affected area. Its fungicidal properties fight the dermatophytes and yeast, to avoid the appearance of more complications for the health of the skin.
- 2 tablespoons of sea salt
- 4 tablespoons of rose water
- Put the sea salt in a container and moisten it with rose water.
- Rub the remedy on the affected area with a circular, massaging motion and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Clean and use until you notice improvement.
3. Aloe Vera and oregano oil
The jelly in the aloe vera plant is one of the best natural remedies for skin infections. Its moisturizing, antifungal, and anti-microbial properties, accelerate the healing of infections.
In this way we can strengthen the effect of the formidable oregano oil, an ingredient rich in antioxidants and fatty acids, which promotes the build-up process in the skin.
- 3 tablespoons of aloe vera jelly
- 1 teaspoon of oregano oil
- Mix the jelly together with the oregano oil.
- Rub the mixture over the mushrooms and leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water and repeat the use twice a day.
4. Garlic and olive oil
By mixing an antimicrobial and antifungal paste with garlic and olive oil, we can counteract skin irritation due to uncontrolled growth of bacteria and fungi in the skin.
Its properties stop the development of infection and moisturize the tissue affected by these microorganisms.
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Mash the garlic until you have a paste.
- Add the olive oil and mix together to a smooth mixture.
- Spread the treatment on the mushrooms and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Clean with warm water, and if necessary, apply twice a day.
5. Coconut oil and lemon juice
Coconut oil and lemon juice are a remedy with essential nutrients that help you kill Candida and other types of fungi. Its caprylic acid content alters the environment necessary for these organisms to survive and prevents the spread of infection.
- 3 tablespoons of organic coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Mix together the coconut oil with the lemon juice.
- Apply on the affected area and massage until well absorbed.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes and rinse with plenty of water.
- Use every night before bed.
NB! Avoid exposing your skin to the sun while using this remedy. Lemon causes sensitivity which promotes the risk of stains from the UV rays.
Do you notice any changes that alert you to fungus in the skin? Prepare one of these treatments that we have mentioned here, and treat your skin for a quick cure.