Aluminum foil has become something we all have in the kitchen. We all have a roll of it lying in a drawer, but we do not usually think of aluminum foil for the hair.
Its ability to keep food warm, as well as its shelf life, have made it popular. We go however, missed many of the opportunities that this product offers.
In this article we will talk about how to use aluminum foil for your hair.
If you want to look like you have been to the hairdresser without salon prices, then this article is for you!
Why use aluminum foil for your hair?
Hair is a very delicate part of the body, so it is easily damaged. However, it is also a fundamental part of our appearance. We all want to look our best, so we feel obligated to try different styles until we find the one we like.
This is where aluminum foil can help:
- First, it is a perfect insulator. This is important if you want to keep the products you apply apart.
- Secondly, it keeps us warm in a way that allows us to avoid heating our hair to shape it.
- Finally, it is very resistant. This helps to do two things: it can withstand all types of liquids and stays intact in the same position for a long time.
How can you use aluminum foil for your hair?
1. Curl your hair easily
You only need a curling iron and sheets of aluminum foil that are about 23 cm long. The amount of sheets depends on the amount and thickness of your hair. Usually it’s okay with up to 6, but if you think you need more, cut between 8 and 10.
- Place the aluminum foil in a pile and cut the pieces into 4 equal parts. Later, separate the hair that you want to curl into several sections with clips from the one you do not want to curl.
- Spray hairspray on the curls as you are going to curl and wait a few minutes. Roll them one by one and wrap them in aluminum foil.
- Use the curling iron on high heat. Then wait for the foil to cool and enjoy your curls!
Also, if you spray your hair again, we guarantee that your curls will last for a long time.
2. Color your hair faster
Hair expert Lidiane Silveira explains that the use of this material in the coloring process is a great discovery. When your hair is heated in the foil, the hair strands open and the coloring happens much faster.
Nevertheless, it is necessary to do it right. You need to know how to part your hair and how much time you can spend on the process before it starts to do damage. Because of this, it is best to let a professional teach you how to do it first.
Moisturize with a hair mask
If you have dry hair with a worn look, we recommend this great hair mask. After applying this from the roots to the tips, place the matte side of the foil over your head for 30 minutes.
After 30 minutes, remove the foil and wash your hair as normal.
You will notice spectacular results, especially if you have done this without foil before. The shine and softness that you get with this treatment is indescribable.
Have you experimented with aluminum foil hair treatments? Have you tried any of these treatments? If so, we would love to hear from you!