It is important to have a healthy weight to live a healthy life. Achieving the desired weight, however, is not easy, especially given all the bad habits we have today. Fortunately, there are some spices that can help speed up your metabolism, and which are easy to incorporate into your regular diet.
To reach the desired weight, you need to focus on three goals:
- Faster metabolism
- Reduce fat
- Suppress your appetite
The spices we recommend today are rich in nutrients that improve the quality of life and prevent diseases, such as:
- High blood pressure
- Type 2 diabetes
- Myocardial infarction
Let’s take a look at them!
The mustard plant belongs to the cruciferous family, which includes cabbage, Brussels sprouts and broccoli.
Mustard seeds help increase your metabolism because they speed up your metabolism and help you burn calories more efficiently.
What should you do?
- First of all, you can eat 3 teaspoons of mustard seeds before exercising. This will help you burn some extra calories during your workout.
- The best option to get the most benefit is to eat the seeds. You can eat commercial mustard, but this usually contains preservatives and salt that produce opposite effects from what is desired. Instead, choose the natural, organic type.
Turmeric is a colorful spice that is widely used in cooking.
According to various studies , this spice can reduce the formation of adipose tissue.
This means that when you consume turmeric, it reduces body fat and prevents you from gaining weight.
Turmeric can also be useful in the treatment of diabetes, because it improves insulin resistance and regulates hyperglycemia.
Ginger to speed up your metabolism
Do you want to burn more fat with less exercise? A common problem people have is that they do not get the amount of exercise needed to reach the desired weight.
Fortunately , ginger causes your body to burn extra fat as fuel.
In addition, ginger can soothe the gastrointestinal tract thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties.
To get these benefits, you have several options. The easiest way is to drink a cup of ginger every day. You can drink it with breakfast or use it as a base for a green smoothie.
Cardamom is an aromatic spice that is widely used in Eastern food, and as a medical treatment for digestive diseases.
It is important to note its strangely sweet and spicy taste. This may surprise some people the first time they use the spice.
However, it is ideal for increasing your ability to burn fat.
Cinnamon comes from the branches of certain shrubs which, when dried, form the aromatic tubes we are so familiar with.
Cinnamon has several benefits, including:
- Reduces the body’s acid levels
- Regulates digestion
- Fighting the flu
- Reduces blood sugar levels
- Regulates triglycerides and poor cholesterol levels (LDL)
To take advantage of these benefits, you can add some cinnamon to your desserts. In addition, another option is cinnamon, which you can drink every day. If you find the tea boring, you can add some milk or use it as a base for other drinks.
6. Cumin to speed up the metabolism
Cumin is a spice that increases metabolism, and gives a unique aroma and taste to your dishes.
It has a wide range of properties that can help you lose weight:
- It improves digestion by metabolizing more nutrients.
- Cumin fights inflammation, which is especially useful if you are prone to bloating.
- It reduces the formation of gas that can cause constipation.
- It is a natural antioxidant that stimulates your metabolism to destroy adipose tissue and convert it into energy.
7. Black pepper
Black pepper gives a unique spicy touch to your recipes, while also:
- Stimulates the secretion of gastric juice, which increases the digestive process.
- Reduces gas production.
- Acts as a natural diuretic.
- Regulates blood pressure.
The best thing about black pepper is that it is one of the most common spices, so you are probably already using it. If not, it’s time to start adding it to your dishes.
To lose weight in less time, you should supplement these spices with a daily exercise routine and a balanced diet.