Despite their bad reputation, bananas are not really fattening. Instead, they are a very nutritious food and a recommended part of a healthy diet. There are also many ways to use bananas.
You do not need any preparation to enjoy a banana, which makes it one of the best choices for a meal on the go.
In this article, you will discover how to enjoy all the benefits bananas have to offer by 6 simple and unique ways to use bananas.
Banana is a tasty fruit that people of all ages can eat, both for the sake of taste and for how easy it is to eat it at any time. It is a whole food, rich in carbohydrates balanced with a good amount of fiber and very little fat. Because of this, this fruit provides a lot of energy without making us put on weight. It is essentially the healthiest sweetener you can eat.
Bananas also provide vitamins A, B and C, and minerals such as magnesium and potassium. Thanks to these nutrients, it is an excellent superfood for children and athletes.
Among their many benefits, bananas are known to:
- Reduce hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Let yourself avoid muscle cramps
- Fight fluid retention
- Calm down heartburn
- Regulate the nervous system
6 ways to use bananas to take advantage of the benefits
Here are some original and simple ideas for using bananas to enjoy them every day in a different way.
Make your shakes fuller and more nutritious
Fruit smoothies are not the same without the use of bananas, which add a thicker and fuller consistency without the need for dairy products or other less healthy foods.
- In addition, bananas have a strong taste that allows us to add other ingredients such as celery or fresh spinach. This makes the smoothie healthier without losing its delicious taste.
- Try mixing banana and pure cocoa to make a healthy and tasty chocolate shake.
2. Less sugar
Bananas add a lot of sweetness to all recipes, which allows us to reduce the amount of sugar we need without affecting the taste.
Bananas can be combined with natural sweeteners such as stevia, maple syrup, or coconut sugar. This allows us to completely avoid adding regular sugar to our baking recipes.
3. Less flour and fewer eggs
- If you enjoy making homemade cakes, try replacing some of the flour with a banana. By only making this small change, it will result in a simpler digested recipe that will not be as dry.
It is also a good option for people who have gluten intolerance, or those who have trouble digesting certain carbohydrates.
- A very ripe banana can be mashed and used to replace eggs when baking. This is also a very good option for vegans, who do not eat any products that come from animals.
4. Instant breakfast
Do you want a quick, delicious and winning breakfast ? Try making some homemade banana pancakes.
Ingredients (provides a serving)
- A ripe banana
- An egg
- Honey (optional)
- Jam, chocolate or peanut butter for topping on the pancakes
- Beat the egg well using a fork or whisk.
- Add the banana. Use a fork to mash it well.
- Even if the banana is already sweet, you can add a little honey if you want.
- Fry the batter in a pan as you would with an omelette. Use a little oil and fry the pancake on both sides until it is cooked through and soft.
- When ready, add the selected topping and eat them while hot.
5. Dried banana at all times
An easy-to-make snack consists of cutting a banana into very thin slices and baking them at a very low temperature, around 40C, until they are completely dry and crispy.
It will take around one to two hours, but you will be left with a snack that you can eat at any time of the day. This will help you resist the temptation to overeat unhealthy sweets.
6. Banana sorbet
If you have a food processor or a powerful blender, we recommend making a banana sorbet that is very quick and easy to prepare.
- All you have to do is freeze a ripe banana, then crush it in the blender until it is creamy and soft like a sorbet.
- You can add several other ingredients, including cinnamon or cocoa powder.