Did you know that you can get rid of bad odor and accumulation of sweat in the armpits with the help of natural deodorants? Odor in the armpits is an unpleasant symptom caused by the accumulation of sweat, bacteria and dead cells in this area of the body.
Its appearance is usually associated with poor hygiene, but it also has to do with hormonal activity and each person’s individual habits.
Although it is not serious and can be neutralized, it can cause problems with self-esteem and social stress among some people because they are unable to get rid of the smell with conventional products.
Fortunately, in addition to the commercial deodorants that are available, there are other natural deodorants that can help control this problem.
These can be made at home. Fortunately, unlike those made with chemicals, these are very safe and will not cause unwanted skin reactions.
Furthermore, we want to share 5 great natural deodorants that you should not hesitate to try if you bother to do with this problem.
1. Cornstarch and coconut oil deodorant
The ingredients combined in this homemade deodorant allow you to absorb residues from sweat and bacteria to get rid of unwanted odors.
Regular application allows you to get rid of dead cells, and by helping with oxygenation of the skin, it has benefits for the activity of the sweat glands.
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch (50 g)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (30 g)
- 10 drops of essential tea tree oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vitamin E oil (2 g)
- Put the cornstarch in a container and mix it with the coconut oil until you have a creamy mass.
- Add the essential tea tree oil and vitamin E, and continue to mix.
- When everything is well mixed, store the deodorant in an airtight container.
- Take some of the deodorant and rub it on the armpits.
- Use it twice a day, every day.
2. Soda, sea salt and citrus deodorant
Because its formula is rich in antiseptic and antimicrobial components, this natural deodorant is one of the best solutions for bad odor caused by bacteria under the armpits.
- 2 orange peel
- 2 lemon peel
- 1/2 cup water (125 ml)
- 6 tablespoons baking soda (60 g)
- 3 tablespoons salt water (30 g)
- Cut the peel from the oranges and lemons into smaller pieces and cook them with half a cup of water.
- When cooked, leave until lukewarm.
- Strain it before adding baking soda and sea salt.
- Stir everything well until you have a thick mixture.
- Rub this deodorant on your armpits and leave it on for at least 40 minutes.
- Wipe off residue with a damp cloth and, if necessary, repeat this application twice a day.
3. Aloe vera and essential tea tree oil deodorant
By mixing a little aloe vera gel with essential tea tree oil, you can get a moisturizing product that will act as a natural deodorant and cleanse the armpits.
These ingredients regulate the skin’s pH balance and, due to their microbial components, help stop the negative effects of bacteria.
- 5 tbsp aloe vera (75 g)
- 1 teaspoon essential tea tree oil (5 g)
- 3 tablespoons rose water (30 ml)
- Combine all the ingredients in a container until well blended.
- Spread the product on the armpits and leave it without rinsing it off.
- Use it 2 or 3 times a day to improve your results.
4. Apple cider vinegar and lavender deodorant
Natural acids found in apple cider vinegar, combined with lavender’s active antibacterial bacteria, help reduce odors caused by sweat and bacteria.
- 6 fresh lavender stalks
- 1 cup organic apple cider vinegar (250 ml)
- Water (as needed)
- Put lavender in a jar and cover it with apple cider vinegar.
- Leave it for 10 days, then strain the liquid.
- Before using it, dilute the liquid with equal parts water.
- Dip a cotton swab into the liquid and then apply it to the armpits.
- Use this deodorant twice a day, every day.
5. Deodorant with clay, coconut oil and baking soda
Another creamy deodorant that helps eliminate the residue that causes bad odors under the arms is made with clay, coconut oil and baking soda.
These ingredients stop bacterial growth, and over time, they also help reduce the dark spots that form in this area.
- 1 tablespoon white clay (10 g)
- 2 tablespoons baking soda (20 g)
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut oil (30 g)
- 5 drops of essential mint oil
- Pour all the ingredients into a container and mix them until you have a creamy, homogeneous paste.
- If necessary, moisten the ingredients with a little water.
- Store the product in an airtight container.
- Take the required amount of deodorant and apply it on the armpits.
- Leave it for 45 minutes before wiping off the rest with a damp towel.
Do you still suffer from bad odor in this area? Try making some natural deodorants and make this problem a part of your past!