Spinach recipes offer a healthy serving of vegetables. After all, spinach is a vegetable that people grow for the leaves, which are nutritious and delicious. The spinach leaves contain water, vitamins and carbohydrates.
That’s why we share 5 healthy spinach recipes that contain antioxidants. This green plant is also rich in vitamins A and C and fiber, especially in the area around the stems. It also contains minerals.
Spinach recipes even provide calories and healthy fats.
There are two main types of spinach grown today: the summer varieties with smooth seeds and the winter varieties, which have thorny seeds and more lobed leaves.
And thanks to these two varieties, you can enjoy spinach recipes all year round.
Benefits of spinach recipes
- Improves the transport of oxygen from the lungs to the rest of your body.
- Increases your muscle strength.
- Helps you lose weight, thanks to low calorie content and high concentration of nutrients.
- Improves bowel function.
- Gives you energy.
- Reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease, thanks to the antioxidants.
- Contains large amounts of folic acid.
- Improves your vision.
- Helps stabilize blood pressure, thanks to magnesium and potassium.
So, why wait to add spinach to your diet? You will love the following recipes!
If you do not have much time to prepare a meal, this recipe is an excellent option.
Basically, creamy spinach is not only easy to make, but also powerful and nutritious.
- 1 onion
- 1 bundle of spinach
- 2 tablespoons butter (40 g)
- 5 cups chicken broth (1250 ml)
- 1 cup cream cheese (200 g)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Chop the onion into small pieces.
- Put the butter in a pan together with the onion.
- When the onion is browned, add the washed spinach. Cook until it turns dark green.
- Then add the mixture to a blender together with the chicken broth and cream cheese.
- Run it for a few minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Finally, cook on low heat for approx. five minutes.
Spinach and surimi salad
This salad is nutritious and diuretic. After all , it contains fiber and very few calories. It also helps keep the body hydrated.
- 5 bunches of spinach
- 3 pieces of surimi (imitation of crab meat)
- 1/2 cup cream cheese (100 g)
- 1 mango
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (10 g)
- Wash spinach and set aside.
- Divide the mango into small cubes. Chop spinach and crab meat.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds on top and serve.
Who doesn’t love a quiche ? Even the little ones will win you over. So, with this recipe, you will not even realize that you are eating vegetables.
- 2 cups flour (250 g)
- 1 cup butter (200 g)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons cold water 920 ml)
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (32 g)
- Spinach (500 g)
- ¾ cup cream cheese (150 g)
- 2 large eggs and an egg yolk
- 3 cups Greek yogurt (375 ml)
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese (15 g)
- ½ cup feta cheese (100 g)
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 175 ° C.
- First, strain the flour through a sieve and add the salt.
- Then mix in butter with your fingers to give texture.
- Then add the egg yolk and water before you start kneading.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and put it in the fridge for an hour.
- Next, grease a pie tin with oil and press the dough into it.
- Cover with aluminum foil and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove the aluminum foil, pour in the beaten egg whites and lower the temperature to 165 ºC.
- First, wash the spinach.
- Then whip the cream cheese.
- Mix cream cheese with 2 eggs and egg yolks.
- Then add Greek yogurt and parmesan cheese.
- Stir in salt and pepper to taste.
- Add spinach and pour the mixture over the crust.
- Cut the feta cheese into small pieces and cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Sprinkle feta cheese and tomatoes on top.
- Finally, cook for 30 minutes and enjoy this delicious dish.
Grateng allows your dish to be browned a little on the surface for a unique texture. You can combine it with spinach juice for best results.
- 2 bunches of spinach
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/4 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup oaxaca cheese (100 g)
- 1 dice tomato broth
- 1/2 cup water (125 ml)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (15 g)
- First you should mix tomato and onion.
- Add a clove of garlic, the mixture of tomato and onion, and form a kind of kraft.
- Next, put the olive oil in a pan and cut up the rest of the garlic clove.
- Sauté this mixture for four minutes, add the tomato broth and cook for five minutes.
- Pour the sauce into a bowl of spinach and cheese.
- In a casserole dish, add spinach, cheese and sauce layer by layer.
- Cover with foil and heat until the cheese is melted.
- Finally, serve the dish with rice, if desired.
Banana and spinach smoothie
Smoothies are a great way to start the day and to have energy for your activities. They also improve digestion and help detoxify your body.
- 1 banana
- 2 bunches of spinach
- 1 cup almond milk (250 ml)
- 1 tablespoon honey (25 g)
- 8 isbiter
- Put banana and spinach in your blender, along with the almond milk.
- Then add a spoonful of honey.
- Mix until you have a thick, creamy mixture.
- Finally, add ice cubes and serve.
Are you ready to impress your guests with your fresh, new spinach recipes?