Above all, keeping your lungs healthy requires that you have good habits. Some of the key methods you can use to take care of your lungs are to quit smoking, stay away from toxic and contaminated areas, exercise a lot and take care of your immune system. But there are also some types of tea that strengthen the lungs.
Enjoy the tea while it is hot. Feel free to serve it in your favorite cup!
1. Thyme and nettle that strengthens the lungs
The tea cleanses and strengthens the lungs in an excellent way. Want to know why?
- Thyme is one of the most typical medicinal plants for good lung health. It is constantly used to relieve coughs and treat respiratory diseases. Thyme is naturally expectorant and antiseptic, which makes it perfect both as a tea and as a steam.
- Nettle is a plant that has been used for centuries. One of the main properties of nettle is its ability to cleanse the bloodstream and lungs. Nettle contains a lot of vitamins and minerals such as iron, calcium, magnesium and silicone. It is perfect for people who have anemia, disability and even those who are bedridden.
- 1 tablespoon thyme (30 g)
- 1 tablespoon dried nettle (30 g)
- 2.5 dl water
- 1 tablespoon honey (30 g)
- Nettle and thyme are easy to find in any health food store. These ingredients are usually sold in bags of 300 to 500 grams, and they are not that expensive either.
- The first thing you need to do is boil the water. As always, we recommend that you use a ceramic kettle, as aluminum and other metals do not retain the medicinal properties of teens as well.
- When the water boils, add the thyme and nettle and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Afterwards, let the tea soak for 10 minutes and let it cool down.
- Add a tablespoon of honey and drink the tea slowly. Make sure you inhale the steam from the tea; it is very relaxing. You can drink two cups of thyme and nettle a day.
Medicinal tea made from banana, fennel and lemon balm
This tea is a very good medical remedy that strengthens the lungs. It is one of the best tea types for removing toxins that accumulate in the lungs, making it perfect for former smokers who not only need to clean their lungs, but also to treat infections and relieve coughs. Here is the reason:
- Cooking banana : This plant helps you remove mucus that blocks the airways. In addition, banana is anti-inflammatory, and is a perfect ingredient for tea or as steam you inhale. You can even use this tea on a gauze bandage and put it on your chest.
- Fennel and lemon balm: A combination of these two medicinal plants helps the body get rid of toxins that have accumulated in the lungs. Combination is at the same time very relaxing. When you suffer from lung diseases, you may experience extreme fatigue and an unpleasant pressure on the entire respiratory system. Lemon balm relieves this.
- 1 tablespoon lemon balm
- 1 tablespoon cooking banana
- 1 tablespoon fennel
- 2.5 dl water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Again, start by boiling the water. When the water boils, add all the plants: the banana, lemon balm and fennel. Let it simmer for 20 minutes and then let the tea steep for 10 minutes.
- This tea will have a strong taste thanks to the banana, so we recommend that you add two tablespoons of honey. Despite its strong taste, you should drink the tea three times a day, as it is excellent for detoxifying the body and is anti-inflammatory.
Linden flower and green tea
This delicious tea is drunk primarily to prevent problems with the lungs. It strengthens and optimizes the function of the lungs. This means that this tea is like a daily “vitamin” that you can enjoy with breakfast. However, if you already suffer from lung diseases, we recommend that you drink the two previous types of tea.
- This recipe uses green tea because of its antioxidants, and is based on a study conducted by the University of Maryland Medical Center in the United States a few years ago. The research team found that green tea prevents lung cancer. It will obviously not be 100% effective, but one cup a day can make a big difference.
- Linden flower is a plant that fights spasms, and it is a bit to be found in health food stores. It helps you relax, makes you breathe better, and strengthens your lungs. It is delicious, with a pleasant taste that suits many types of tea.
- 1 tablespoon green tea
- 1 tablespoon linden flower
- 2.5 dl water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- It is easy. Bring the water to a boil and add green tea and linden flower. Let the tea steep for 10 minutes. Then pour the tea into your favorite cup and add honey. The tea is delicious and is perfect for breakfast!