First, it is important to know that LDL, which is the term for “bad” cholesterol, comes from two things: unhealthy diet and genetic causes that cause some people to experience the accumulation of dangerous LDL in the tissues and blood. To reduce LDL, it is possible that your doctor has prescribed a prescription for a certain type of medicine, but a balanced diet and some physical activity every day will also help reduce your cholesterol to a healthy level.
In today’s article we will give you 3 simple remedies with oats that naturally reduce cholesterol.
How can remedies with oats help lower cholesterol?
As you already know, oats are considered to be superfoods and an ingredient we should all consume daily to take care of our health. It is good for the heart, for regulating weight, for better digestion, to avoid constipation… A natural ingredient used since the dawn of time and which modern medicine has approved for many years.
For example, The Mayo Clinic has conducted an interesting study that precisely explains the amazing properties of oats and how it can reduce high cholesterol. Let us explain:
- Oats contain soluble fiber, which is rich in lipoproteins and helps reduce LDL (bad cholesterol).
- This type of fiber, for example, is the same as that found in apples, and is known to be very effective in reducing high cholesterol.
- There are also other aspects you should be aware of: Not all foods that contain oats help lower cholesterol. An example? Oatmeal cookies, which instead of helping, can actually do more harm because they are high in sugar and saturated fat. Avoid these! It is better to eat natural oats.
Ways to consume oats to lower cholesterol
1. Oats with green apple and cinnamon
- 100 gr oats
- 1 green apple
- 1 glass of water (200 ml)
- Slightly ground cinnamon
- Start by washing the apple and then divide into small pieces. It is not necessary to peel the apple, as most of the properties that reduce cholesterol are found in the peel.
- Then boil the oats together with the water. Easily.
- Add the apple pieces after approx. 10 minutes and cook for another 20 minutes. When the apple pieces have become soft, take the pan off the hob.
- Next step? Put the mixture in a blender and run until you have a smooth mass. Sprinkle on some cinnamon before drinking this. Perfect for breakfast!
2. Oats with pear
- 1 bulb
- 100 gr oatmeal
- 1 glass of water
- 20 gr honey
This is perfect for breakfast or dinner if you wish. To make this remedy, you should first heat the water in a saucepan, then add the oatmeal for boiling. When the oatmeal has a sufficiently sticky consistency, add 1 tablespoon of honey for more flavor.
Then wash the bulb and divide it into small pieces (do not remove the shell). Pear is also perfect for fighting high cholesterol, and together with oats the properties are even better. This tastes delicious, and you get both a nutritious and healthy breakfast. Try it!
3. Oats with plum
- 100 gr oatmeal
- 2 plums
- 3 walnuts
- 1 glass of water
- You should remember that the three best fruits to fight high cholesterol are apples, pears and plums. Then follow strawberries, blueberries, kiwis and grapes – these also have good properties, and you can combine as you like to make a breakfast that fights high cholesterol.
- In this recipe, you first cook the oatmeal. While these are boiling, you can peel the plums and remove the stone. Also chop the walnuts into small pieces.
- As soon as the oatmeal is cooked, you have these in a bowl with the plums and walnuts. This breakfast is an authentic remedy for fighting high cholesterol. In addition, it helps you stay slim, and you start the day with proper nutrition.
In addition to oats, it is important to eat healthy and well throughout the day, as well as exercise some physical activity every day. As we have previously recommended in one of our articles, it lasts with a half hour walk every day. If you go with a friend or your partner, the trip will be even more enjoyable. Start taking care of your health a little more today!